måndag 11 juni 2012

24hours of blessing!

I just went to bed after having lived the most exciting 24 hours in a very long time here in Motala, and My inside is burning of gratitude and greatfulness!


It all started with a couchsurfing request from a French family.. of SIX people wanting to crash my floor for a nigth. Six people biking from France up north through Sweden with the goal of reaching China within the year. How can I possible turn them down?!!


I didn't of course, and that is really where it all started..


I met up with them on a tuesday right before my choir practise. All six of them: Isabelle, Henri, Jacob, Anna, Claire and Bartolome. They unpacked their bikebags, mattrasses and loads on my livingroom floor. Their arrivel scared my cat to hide (she's a real covard :) but they helped me to look for her (under the sofa all the time). They cooked me French quich and astonished me with their talents; Anna played "Amelie Poulin" by heart, Jacob and Bartolome made made me paintings and Claire impressed with her Swedish phrases. All at the same time as we got the time to discuss the incredible adventure of being alive, dreaming, discovering, travelling, planning, searching and finding.


Before we all crashed in bed out of exhaustion!


After showing them Varamon and guiding them wrong towards the Canal I waved them off towards their new adventures. Leaving them with a big blessing in my heart. 


Based on many a thing..


  • Language! We spoke all in French those days. I loved it of course! This is the day I decided I will have to marry a French husband, because children who speak French is the absolutely most adorable thing I have encountered in my life :) 
  • Inspiration! A family making this incredible journey really counterprooves the fact that travelling with children is impossible. They're giving posibility a face!
  • Gemutlichheit! The fact that these people coming from a different country bring the same ideas and cultural values and interests as me gave me such a strong feeling of community. There are more out there. I needed this after my little cultural dry spell!
  •  Hope! Sharing dreams and thoughts and hearing about their experiences made me once again belive that what I am searching for is out there. The first tspe is already taken with this encounter!
  • Joy! Joy , oh joy from spending time with these genuinly, friendly and openminded people. Nothing but AMAZING!


Yes, I belive the only word for this encounter is blessed!
The past 24hours.. I have been truly blessed!


Merci la famille velo :)
Vous ne savez pas votre impact sur moi!


Merci!


Et Bonne Courage pour la continuation de votre voyage!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar